Drug Policy non D.O.T.
Drug Policy for D.O.T. C.D.L. positions (primarily Public Works)
Civil Service application form (only for fire positions)
Police Department application form (for Officers and Patrol Positions only)
The City of Pass Christian is currently accepting applications for the position of Harbor Patrol. The starting pay for this position is $9.00 per hour. Selected candidates will be required to work any shift. For a complete job description, see below or pick up at City Hall, 200 W. Scenic Drive, Pass Christian, Ms. 39571 between the hours of 8a.m. to 5p.m.
All interested individuals may submit an application at Pass Christian City Hall or mail to the City of Pass Christian, Attention: City Clerk, P.O. Drawer 368, Pass Christian, Ms. 39571.
Deadline for submittal of application is June 28, 2016 before 4:00p.m.
The City of Pass Christian reserves the right to refuse any and all applications received. The City of Pass Christian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class: Technical
Reports to: Harbor Master
Directly Supervises: Non-Supervisory
Under general supervision, with limited enforcement authority, operates a City vehicle patrolling parking zones in the Harbor area, enforcing the City's Harbor Rules and Regulations and other applicable ordinances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS:
The following duties are not inclusive of all duties, and the incumbent performs other related duties, as required.
1. Issues parking citations for violations of the City's parking ordinance and other related ordinances/statutes.
2. Operates a City vehicle patrolling the Harbor area relative to parking enforcement, traffic control, and related patrol duties.
3. Assists the public in answering questions on the City's Harbor Rules and Regulations, City services, and other related information.
4. Observes while on patrol other violations and reports these to the proper authority for response.
5. Operates a radio and maintains communication with Dispatch Center.
6. Performs traffic control, delivery, and escort duties as assigned.
7. Patrols Harbor and boat areas to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
8. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
9. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or
property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
10.Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective local, State or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property and premises.
2. Knowledge of the City's Harbor parking and other applicable ordinances.
3. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
4. Knowledge of safety practices/procedures in operating a City vehicle.
5. Ability to safely operate and maintain a City vehicle.
6. Ability to read and understand the City's Harbor's Rules and Regulations and other related regulations.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
8. Ability to complete necessary reports relative to parking citations and other related incident reports required by the Police Department including data entry of activity into a computer terminal.
9. Ability to write clearly and concisely for completing citations and other related report forms.
10.Ability to work outside for at least 12 hours a day in all types of weather.
11.Ability to work in closed spaces.
12.Must be able to swim.
13.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduation from high school or G.E. D.
2. One year or more of experience working with the public.
3. Possession of a valid State of Mississippi driver's license at the time of appointment or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days, and a driving record acceptable to the City's Risk Manager.
4. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities will be accepted.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.